NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Executive Chef – Full Time.
In this role, the successful candidate Monitors the daily operations in order to deliver quality food services for patient, retail, and catering services. Assists in planning and directing the activities of the department. Responsible for food production, ordering and receiving as it relates to product specification, quantity, and quality control. Plans and coordinates food service for catering functions. Performs duties of food service director inHis orHer absence.
- Closely monitors operating expenses to maintain them within budgetary guidelines and explains monthly variances as warranted. Assists in the development of operating and capital budgets and assesses departmental needs in collaboration with the Director of Food Services.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Responsible for review and maintenance of inventory controls and adequate par levels for food and supplies. Directly supervises storeroom personnel in regard to ordering, receiving, storage, and distribution of food items.
- Develops Lobby Caf menus. Implements new items to enhance revenue and optimize customer satisfaction.
- Ensures all food preparation, storage, and services rendered are in compliance with regulatory agency standards.
- Interacts with vendors for product selection and to implement product changes for cost savings while maintaining optimal quality standards. Evaluates new products and menu items to optimize customer satisfaction for retail operations and patient tray line.
- Coordinates menu planning, food preparation, and service for catered meetings and special functions. Oversees storeroom personnel to insure accurate and timely delivery for catered meetings and events.
- Ensures staff schedules are prepared in accordance with budgeted FTEs with the minimum use of overtime.
To qualify you must have a Minimum of Associate’s degree in food service management, culinary arts, or related field OR completion of 120 hour dietary managers course within 12 months of employment. Minimum of 5 years Progressive experience in Food Service and supervision of employees in a high volume setting. Working knowledge of software application programs to support electronic ordering and report development.(microsoft word, excel, Peoplesoft, unifier, and US Foods website.). Strong communication (both oral and written) skills. Familiarity with the regulatory agency standards pertaining to Hospital food services. Servsafe certification (complete within 6 months of employment).
Bachelor’s Degree Nutrition , Dietetics, Food Service Management, or related field **with this credential, the 120 Hour Dietary Managers course is no longer required.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: