In this role, you will perform a variety of duties relevant to the retail food service operations of the Department of Nutrition while adhering to all safety and sanitation standards as outlined by JCAHO and HACCP and providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers. Tasks include, but are not limited to, setting up service lines, pre-plating food, preparing meals, cooking, working the grill, omelet and stir fry station and assisting customers during service times. You will follow standardized recipes, review menus, production sheets, recipes and inventory to verify daily needs.
- Must have ServSafe or equivalent safe food handling certificate
- Ability to adjust to fluctuating work load and be flexible to work AM or PM shifts, work overtime when needed and adhere to flexible work schedules, available to work weekends and holidays.
- Must have experience cooking in a professional setting
- The right candidate will have the ability to read, write, and comprehend standard English
- Ability to work in a standing position for a long period of time; stretch, bend, walk, stoop and reach repetitively
- Ability to work in hot, cold, and or wet areas, lift 40 lbs, push loaded carts weighing 350 lbs
- Interpersonal skills to interact effectively with co-workers, customers, supervisors and managers
- Good personal grooming habits
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: